Between October and December over 8,690 people shared their experiences of using health and social care with Healthwatch. This briefing looks at 149 reports published by local Healthwatch, as well as individual feedback from the public. It aims to provide health and social care professionals with a summary of the issues people have raised with us.
What issues do we look at?
- Key issues the public have told us about primary care, hospital care, social care and mental health support.
- The top questions people are seeking advice about.
- In focus: We take a closer look at what people are telling us about NHS funded wheelchair and home equipment services, as well as the issues trans people experience when it comes to health and care.
Our blogs on each in focus section go in further depth about each topic:
- Making life easier: Improving access to wheelchairs and mobility equipment. We identify the issues within publicly paid-for wheelchair and home equipment services that can prevent people from getting the support they need to live as independently as possible.
- Trans healthcare: What can we learn from people’s experiences? We examine what NHS services can do to improve health support for the trans community to tackle inequality when accessing services.