Healthwatch is your health and social care champion. We make sure NHS leaders and decision-makers hear your voice and use your feedback to improve care.
In 2018, we launched a strategy setting out ambitious goals to:
- Support more people to have their say and provide clear information and advice to help them take control of their health and care.
- Provide an effective, high-quality local service, building our network’s skills to achieve change together.
- Work together with professionals, providing useful insight to improve the planning, delivery and support of health and social care.
For the past three years these goals have guided us to support more people than ever before. However, with the health and social care services facing big challenges as a result of COVID-19, we have updated our strategy to make sure we are as effective as possible and that our work has the greatest impact.
A world where we can all get the health and care we need.
To make sure people’s experiences help make health and care better.
Our approach – what is important to us?
- Listening to people and making sure their voices are heard.
- Including everyone in the conversation – especially those who don’t always have their voice heard.
- Analysing different people’s experiences to learn how to improve care.
- Acting on feedback and driving change.
- Partnering with the Government, health and care services and the voluntary and community sector to make care better whilst retaining our independence.
- To build a sustainable and high-performing network of local Healthwatch services.
- To find out the experiences of people needing or using health, public health and social care services.
- To seek the views of those who are seldom heard and reduce the barriers they face.
- To act on what we hear to improve health and care policy and practice.
- To build on and share our expertise in engagement.
- To be strong, well-governed and use our resources for the greatest impact.
Read 'Our strategy explained' to find out more about our objectives and the difference we want to make in partnership with local Healthwatch.
Our strategy is also available in Large Print. If you need this report in a different format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03000 68 3000.