Summary of report content
Healthwatch Greenwich heard from 751 people during September 2021, through calls and emails from Greenwich residents, community meetings, and online reviews of services.
Key themes included:
- Inconsistent and confusing information about the roll-out of COVID 19 booster vaccinations.
- Difficulty accessing GPs – people report issues accessing digital services and find it difficult to book appointments with their GPs, leading some people to self-medicate or access private care.
- Delays in receiving prescriptions.
- Long waiting times for referrals for further care.
- Increased reliance on hospital services including A&E and 111 as a result of difficulty accessing GP services.
- Continuing difficulty accessing dental services.
This report also contains three case studies, one about the support for patients with additional needs at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, one exploring patients’ role in decision-making about their care, and one discussing communication between services.