Summary of report content
Healthwatch Cumbria, Lancashire, Blackburn with Darwen and Blackpool undertook research into the experience of the coronavirus pandemic in Millom. They received 51 responses from people who live in Millom, between 26 June and 2 July 2020. The responses were overwhelmingly from white, older women.
The report looks at the following issues:
- The impact of the pandemic on people’s mental health
- Whether people had been affected financially by the pandemic
- The impact of the pandemic on people’s access to health care, particularly for people with long term health conditions
- People’s experience of phone consultations
- Carers’ experience of support during the pandemic
- People’s positive experience of lockdown, including spending more time with family and improved community spirit.
There were no recommendations.