Summary of report content
Healthwatch Luton reports on its feedback on how the Covid-19 pandemic affected services in October 2020. During that period they received 83 pieces of feedback on this topic.
The main themes in the feedback were;
- Lack of access to GPs , despite some improvements due to virtual consultations and timing of appointments
- The hospital generally was praised alongside pharmacies
- Virtual appointments are working for some people as is using a virtual platform for those who are in care homes and seeing loved ones
- Communications between health care and patients still needs improving
- Some people mentioned treatment and care from receptionists as being a concern for them
Feedback on testing included concern at the messages shared with local schools about what should happen when children became unwell. Some people had been able to access testing quickly, but others had to travel long distances. Some were waiting up to 6 days to get the results of tests.