Summary of report content
In 2018/19, Healthwatch Newham
- Gained 1,423 social media followers
- Reviewed 29 dentists for appointments
- Undertook 8 enter and view visits
- Reviewed 7 community health services
- Did 60 outreach events
- Helped with 268 NHS complaints advocacy cases
- Following their work on access to dentistry, Healthwatch Newham are working with NCCG, the NHS and LB Newham Public Health to improve access for local residents
- Healthwatch Newham have done a programme of work with Newham University Hospital to improve the discharge process, complaints procedures and access to BSL interpreters
- Healthwatch undertook research with young people to find out what they wanted from health services
- Research about the concerns of people living in supported living schemes fed into LB Newham’s new performance framework for supported living services
- Healthwatch Newham also worked on safeguarding and diabetes care
Would you like to look at:
Healthwatch Newham Annual Report 2018-19
Date of publication
Wednesday, 12 February, 2020
Date evidence capture began
Thursday, 1 March, 2018
Date evidence capture finished
Sunday, 31 March, 2019
Type of report
Communication between staff and patients
Healthwatch reference number
Was the work undertaken at the request of another organisation?
Primary care services
Secondary care services
Community healthcare and nursing services
Conditions or diseases
Diabetes and other endocrinal, nutriotional and metabolic conditions
Types of long term conditions
Number of people who shared their views
Does the information include public's views?
Does the information include carer's, friend's or relative's views?
Does the information include staff's views?
Does the information include other people's views?
Were recommendations made by local Healthwatch in the report?
Does the information contain a response from a provider?
Is there evidence of impact in the report?
Is there evidence of impact external to the report?
What type of impact was determined?
Tangible impact (not cost related)