Summary of report content
Healthwatch Doncaster undertook an Enter and View visit to Thorndene Care Home on 19 December 2019.
- The home was welcoming, clean and well decorated and homely.
- Staff seemed to know the residents well and Healthwatch observed a genuine and natural friendly rapport.
- Residents were encouraged to be as independent as possible. Those that Healthwatch talked to were very content with the home.
- There was a choice of food at mealtimes, and drinks and snacks were available on request.
- There was a good choice of recreational activities and the home was appointing an Activities Co-ordinator.
- The complaints procedure was clearly displayed around the home in several locations.
There were six recommendations to make the home safer.
There is a response to the recommendations from the provider in the report, showing that action is being taken on all the recommendations.