Summary of report content
Healthwatch Kent report on the themes in the feedback they have heard from 71 people in the last two weeks of March and feedback from 10 organisations that they work with.
The report covers the following themes:
- Access to GP services
- Problems accessing medication
- People with learning disabilities not receiving an annual health check
- Delays in planned hospital care
- Poor communication issues between hospital staff, patients and relatives
- Positive experience of 111 First
- Access to NHS dentistry
- Mental health support
- Increasing numbers of people in financial difficulty
- Increasing demand for food banks
- The impact on young people on the return to face to face education
- Care at home
- The impact of lockdown
- Concerns about relaxation of shielding and lockdown rules
- Covid-19 vaccinations
- Digital communication
- Long Covid
Would you like to look at:
Covid related feedback for Kent
Date of publication
Thursday, 6 May, 2021
Date evidence capture began
Wednesday, 10 March, 2021
Date evidence capture finished
Thursday, 25 March, 2021
Cleanliness hygiene and infection control
Communication between staff and patients
Digitalisation of services
Lifestyle and wellbeing
Quality of appointment
Quality of care
Service delivery organisation and staffing
Waiting time to be seen once arrived at appointment
Waiting times and lists for treatment
Was the work undertaken at the request of another organisation?
Primary research method used
If an Enter and View methodology was applied, was the visit announced or unannounced?
Primary care services
Secondary care services
Ear, nose and throat
Mental health services
Community mental health team (CMHT)
Urgent and emergency care services
Accident & emergency
Number of people who shared their views
Does the information include public's views?
Does the information include carer's, friend's or relative's views?
Does the information include staff's views?
What was the main sentiment of the people who shared their views?
Were recommendations made by local Healthwatch in the report?
Does the information contain a response from a provider?
Is there evidence of impact in the report?
Is there evidence of impact external to the report?