Funding and support information for NHS Complaints Advocacy services - FOI results

Results from our Freedom of Information Request show care home residents and other social care users are not being given support to make a complaint about social care services.
Graphic of magnifying glass


Our recent FOI request revealed that just 1 in 5 councils, 27 of the 120 that responded, said they offer a dedicated complaints support service for social care users.

Others authorities stated that such cases would be supported by the council’s general advocacy service, with resources focused on helping those with learning disabilities or mental health conditions.

However, more than a third (45 councils) stated that they don’t provide any advocacy or support service for those looking to complain about the quality of care they receive.


Find out what we found from our Freedom of Information Request. 
If you need this in a different format, please email or call 03000 68 3000.

Results from our Freedom of Information request