Last year, we helped over 700,000 people find the answers. Whether you need to know how to register with a GP, how to find an NHS dentist, or see what hospital transport is available, we can point you in the right direction.
No matter where you live in England, there’s a Healthwatch nearby which can give friendly local advice about the support you and your family can use.
What do people ask us?
To give you an idea of some of the ways we’ve helped, take a look at our round up of the top questions people ask us.
A quarter of the enquiries we receive are about social care. Most people who get in touch are relatives and friends of older people who need help with their care.
They want to know:
- How much does a care home cost?
- How can you get extra support to continue living at home?
- What support is available for carers?
Our top question is about how to register with a GP.
Some of the questions we hear are:
- Which GP surgeries are in the area?
- How can you change GP or make a complaint if you’re unhappy?
- How to access support out of hours?
The most common questions are:
- What support is available once you’re discharged from hospital?
- When should you expect to hear about future appointments or treatment from hospitals?
- Can you choose which hospital to use?
- What transport services are available to and from hospital?