Summary of report content
Healthwatch Stoke-on-Trent conducted an announced Virtual Visit to Davlyn House Care Home between 11 May 2021 and 19 May 2021. The rationale for the virtual visit was to capture the experiences and opinions of managers, staff, residents and relatives associated with the care home, in order to identify what works well, not so well and what could be improved to enhance the quality of service delivery. 29 individuals participated and shared personal experiences.
The report looks at the following themes:
- COVID-19 Safety, including access to healthcare for residents and PPE
- The effectiveness of care and quality of food
- Communication, both in terms of communication between staff and residents and residents and their friends and relatives
- The quality of leadership and management
- Adaption and responsiveness in the light of changes to Covid-19 guidance, including visits from relatives and activities
The report includes three recommendations for improvement about additional landline, how residents’ independence can be encouraged and a regular newsletter. The report includes a response from the provider indicating the changes they are considering making as a result.