Summary of report content
Healthwatch Bucks asked people how Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust’s (BHT) Trauma and Orthopaedics service (T&O) could be improved. BHT wanted to get views on some ideas to save people trips to the hospital and reduce the time they wait for an appointment.
Healthwatch visited 10 clinics in October 2019 and spoke to 101 people.
The report looks at:
- People’s experience of being referred to the clinics and getting appointments
- Information given to people before the appointment
- Reminders about appointments
- People’s views about the option of having virtual appointments in future
- Whether people would be happy to have an appointment with a specialist nurse or physiotherapist in future if it meant a shorter wait
- Advice and information about managing their condition
- Opinions about the service overall.
The report concludes with recommendations about alternatives to face to face appointments and information and advice to patients.