Summary of report content
Healthwatch Leeds have shared the feedback from local people about “How does it feel for me during COVID-19?”. The issues that they have heard about are:
- Impact of shielding on mental wellbeing - the key things people talked about were loneliness and isolation, increased anxiety, missing their loved ones and the lack of face to face contact. However, many felt safer by being at home.
- Lack of exercise was a key factor in their physical health getting worse - a range of reasons were cited for this, including the cold weather, gyms and pools being closed, working long hours and a lack of motivation.
- People felt that services have disengaged from them which has led to them not accessing health and care during the pandemic.
- The pandemic had impacted several aspects of people’s lives including their family and relationships and work and employment.
- The report contains feedback from several organisations who engage with different groups of people including Leeds Older People’s Forum, Leeds Society for Deaf and Blind People, BME Hub which supports people of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, Health for All who work to enable the poorest and most vulnerable communities overcome the challenges of health and social inequality, and the Migration Team at Leeds City Council.
Would you like to look at:
How does it feel for me during COVID-19?
Date of publication
Tuesday, 16 March, 2021
Date evidence capture began
Tuesday, 23 February, 2021
Date evidence capture finished
Monday, 8 March, 2021
Communication between staff and patients
Lifestyle and wellbeing
Was the work undertaken at the request of another organisation?
What type of organisation requested the work
If this work has been done in partnership, who is the partner?
Primary research method used
Primary care services
Secondary care services
Mental health services
Community mental health team (CMHT)
Number of people who shared their views
All people 18 and over
Other population characteristics
Refugees or asylum seekers
Does the information include public's views?
Does the information include carer's, friend's or relative's views?
Does the information include staff's views?
Types of health and care professionals engaged
What was the main sentiment of the people who shared their views?
Were recommendations made by local Healthwatch in the report?
Does the information contain a response from a provider?
Is there evidence of impact in the report?
Is there evidence of impact external to the report?