Summary of report content
In 2015/16, Healthwatch Newham:
- Engaged with 3,306 residents and collected 462 personal stories about their experiences of health and social care services.
- Identified and addressed major themes from their evidence
- attended 76 official meetings and committees, producing and disseminating 53 reports.
- Promoted Healthwatch at 38 events and signing up many new participants.
- 109 residents given tailored advice on an array of health and social care related topics
- Undertook projects on deaf inclusion and mystery shopping.
Would you like to look at:
Healthwatch Newham Annual Report 2015-16
Date of publication
Wednesday, 12 February, 2020
Date evidence capture began
Wednesday, 1 April, 2015
Date evidence capture finished
Thursday, 31 March, 2016
Type of report
Quality of care
Quality of staffing
Service delivery organisation and staffing
Waiting time to be seen once arrived at appointment
Waiting times and lists for treatment
Healthwatch reference number
Was the work undertaken at the request of another organisation?
Primary research method used
How was the information collected?
Primary care services
Secondary care services
Mental health services
Community mental health team (CMHT)
Community based services for people with mental health needs
Urgent and emergency care services
Accident & emergency
Types of long term conditions
Deafness or severe hearing impairment
Number of people who shared their views
Does the information include public's views?
Does the information include carer's, friend's or relative's views?
Does the information include staff's views?
Does the information include other people's views?
What was the main sentiment of the people who shared their views?
Were recommendations made by local Healthwatch in the report?
Is there evidence of impact in the report?
Is there evidence of impact external to the report?
What type of impact was determined?