Healthwatch Doncaster Report on Enter and View Follow up visits to Woodlea, Doncaster Stenson Court, Balby Roman Court, MexboroughDownload (PDF 136KB)
Summary of report content
This is a report following up Enter and View visits undertaken by Healthwatch Doncaster to Woodlea, Stenson Court and Roman Court care homes.
The original Enter and View reports can be found here:
Woodlea – findings at follow up visit
- Toilet signage has been updated with dementia friendly signs.
- Toilet seats and raisers have been replaced and are now contrasting colours.
- Alarm cords were not tied up and had been fitted with rigid plastic coating as a safety measure. Some of the cords did not fall to the ideal length.
Stenson Court – findings at follow up visit
After a visit by the home’s Dementia Advisor the following actions have either taken place or are on the home’s development plan:
- Rigid plastic casing for alarm cord has been ordered
- A dementia friendly clock has been purchased and is in use in the dementia unit.
- The timetables and notice boards have been re-configured as suggested.
- Handrails in the corridor are on the development plan.
Roman Court – findings at follow up visit
- Toilet signage throughout the home remains the same.
- Alarm cords are not now tied up but some do not reach the ideal length in case of fall.
- The handrail remains the same colour as the wall.