GP websites: a report on the quality and content of website informationDownload (PDF 1.09MB)
Summary of report content
Healthwatch Greenwich undertook a review of information on GP websites as a result of receiving regular feedback from residents having difficulty accessing information from their GP surgeries. Their review investigates the breadth and level of information available to patients on GP websites and how easy it is to navigate websites to find information. They assessed the information on 31 out of 35 websites during November and December 2019.
Less than half of GP websites provided:
- Information on how to register
- Information on Healthwatch Greenwich
- Feedback and comments, including the ability to leave online feedback
- Information about the PPG
- Latest GP patient survey results
- Up to date information on Greenwich GP Access Hubs and how to access them
- Information on how to access interpreters/Language Line
- Information on how to access advocacy support to make a complaint
- A mobile friendly interface
Between half and three quarters of GP websites provided:
- The latest CQC rating
- Easy navigation
More than three quarters provided:
- The latest CQC report
- What medical help is available when the practice is closed
- How to make a complaint
- Website language translation facility
The report contains nine recommendations aimed at improving the information available on GP websites.
The report contains a response from two of the providers.