Summary of report content
Healthwatch Surrey report on the feedback they have received during the period January to May 2021 about NHS dentistry. During this period they heard from 72 people.
Key themes in the feedback include:
- People looking for a dentist that will take on NHS patients, particularly for their children
- The inaccuracy of the information on the NHS website about dentists able to take on NHS patients
- People seeking NHS dental services are often in pain
- People who are exempt from paying NHS dental charges can’t get NHS treatment
- Cancelled appointments which have not been rescheduled
- The distance people have to travel to get NHS dental treatment
- Concerns about treatment received and positive experiences
Would you like to look at:
Experiences of dental access
Date of publication
Tuesday, 25 May, 2021
Date evidence capture began
Friday, 1 January, 2021
Date evidence capture finished
Monday, 31 May, 2021
Cost of services
Quality of care
Service delivery organisation and staffing
Was the work undertaken at the request of another organisation?
Primary research method used
If an Enter and View methodology was applied, was the visit announced or unannounced?
Primary care services
Number of people who shared their views
Does the information include public's views?
Does the information include carer's, friend's or relative's views?
Does the information include staff's views?
What was the main sentiment of the people who shared their views?
Were recommendations made by local Healthwatch in the report?
Does the information contain a response from a provider?
Is there evidence of impact in the report?
Is there evidence of impact external to the report?