Summary of report content
This report is a trends analysis report by Healthwatch Harrow about experience of GP services and is based on the feedback of 535 people obtained from a variety of sources, including general outreach and comments posted online.
The top themes are:
- people are broadly satisfied with customer service (staff attitude and quality)- vast majority of people receive good quality, compassionate treatment and care, and feel supported and involved;
- service access is an increasing issue for many- the ability to obtain timely appointments is a problem for many, with accounts of congested telephone lines and waits of days (or more) to see a clinician;
- choice is an issue, with some patients not comfortable with, or able to undertake remote appointments;
- people would like greater levels of communication and support from administrative staff;
- people have mixed sentiments about Covid-19, Children, Mental Health and Maternity;
- older people have more negative experiences.
Would you like to look at:
The experience of GP services October 2019 - September 2020
Date of publication
Thursday, 15 October, 2020
Date evidence capture began
Tuesday, 1 October, 2019
Date evidence capture finished
Wednesday, 30 September, 2020
Type of report
Continuity of care
Quality of care
Healthwatch reference number
Was the work undertaken at the request of another organisation?
What type of organisation requested the work
If this work has been done in partnership, who is the partner?
Primary research method used
How was the information collected?
If an Enter and View methodology was applied, was the visit announced or unannounced?
Primary care services
Number of people who shared their views
Does the information include public's views?
Does the information include carer's, friend's or relative's views?
Does the information include staff's views?
Types of health and care professionals engaged
Does the information include other people's views?
What was the main sentiment of the people who shared their views?
Were recommendations made by local Healthwatch in the report?
Does the information contain a response from a provider?
Is there evidence of impact in the report?
Is there evidence of impact external to the report?