We visited Sovereign House on 21 June 2018 to gather information about the experience of living in care homes in Coventry including quality of life factors such as activities and choices.
We collected our information by speaking to seven residents, and seven members of staff, including a manager and contracted staff. We received two returned questionnaires from visitors that were there at the time.
We made six recommendation to the management for action regarding:
- To tidy and make use of the Make use of the excellent garden facility
- To implement aspects of dementia friendly design: mirrors, decor, floor surface; and labeling taps
3. To clear areas inside and outside the bathroom on ground floor used to store reablement equipment and put in place an additional purpose built storage. Bring this bathroom back into use.
4. Further develop activities and one to one interactions ensuring that residents on Floor 2 and 3 have access to both group and one to one activities on the floor where they live.
5. Ensure the compliments/complaints policy is visible and accessible.
6. Review staffing levels within the Units.
An action plan from the manager is included in the report.
Enter and view visit: Sovereign House Care
Date of publication
Tuesday, 18 September, 2018
Date evidence capture began
Date evidence capture finished
Building and facilities
Communication between staff and patients
Food and nutrition
Lifestyle and wellbeing
Quality of care
Was the work undertaken at the request of another organisation?
Primary research method used
How was the information collected?
If an Enter and View methodology was applied, was the visit announced or unannounced?
Number of people who shared their views
Specific ethnicity if known
Does the information include public's views?
Does the information include carer's, friend's or relative's views?
Does the information include staff's views?
Types of health and care professionals engaged
Care / support workers
What was the main sentiment of the people who shared their views?
Were recommendations made by local Healthwatch in the report?
Does the information contain a response from a provider?
Yes action has been taken or promised
Is there evidence of impact in the report?
What type of impact was determined?
Tangible impact (not cost related)