Summary of report content
Healthwatch Oxfordshire undertook an announced enter and view visit to Lloyds Pharmacy in Eynsham on 22 February 2022. This was part of a project on the health and social care experiences of people living in and around Eynsham. They spoke to 3 members of staff and 6 members of the public.
- Comments from customers/ patients were varying about the service, organisation, safe environment and efficiency and the attitudes of staff.
- There were three members of staff working during the visit. Two were not wearing masks
- The pharmacy wasn't open to customers due to there not being a pharmacist on site
- As the only Pharmacy available in the village, people, particularly those with limited transport, do not have other choices, and must accept the service.
- The environment inside the pharmacy was calm. This was because there was no service on the day except from responding to the customers knocking on the door to get back their prescriptions to get the medicines from other pharmacy.
- The pharmacy is situated on the main road which runs through the village. There are a few marked parking spaces outside the pharmacy.
- The pharmacy building consists of two floors, the medicines are stored and dispensed on both the ground floor and the first floor, they have lift facilities between the floors for the medicines
There were 12 recommendations. The report doesn’t contain a response from the provider.