Summary of report content
Healthwatch Havering undertook an Enter and View visit to Freshfields Care Home on 23 October 2019.
- The home was well decorated and clean.
- The home and garden were secure and safe
- The registered manager and her deputy had been in post for many years.
- Training was undertaken by the management and staff
- There was good access to primary and secondary care, including visits from a dentist and chiropodist
- All relatives and residents were involved with significant decisions.
- Many residents needed help with feeding themselves and food intake was monitored. There was a choice of food
- Medication was kept securely. Care plans were reviewed at six-month intervals
- Discharge from hospital posed problems as the home would not accept residents discharged after 6pm and preferred to visit them in hospital before being discharged. Discharge letters were not always returned with the resident.
- There were plenty of activities for residents, and their religious needs were catered for.
The members of the team were very impressed with the home and the overall presentation and dedication of the staff. The team did not wish to make any recommendations as a result of this visit.