Summary of report content
Healthwatch Stockport undertook research on the care experiences of people with learning disabilities after hearing concerns about the current service provision. The report looks at findings from a focus group.
The report looks at the following issues:
- The Blue Butterfly scheme which allows clinicians to flag the records of someone with a learning disability.
- The need for a Learning Disability Liaison Nurse locally
- Access to Annual Health Checks
- Entitlement to annual flu vaccinations
- The accessibility of screening services
- The problems of people with sensory loss
- People with dementia
- Staff awareness and training