Summary of report content
Healthwatch Wirral analysed the feedback they received between February and April 2021 about the COVID-19 vaccination programme. They found that its ratings remain extremely high across the board, which included cleanliness, staff attitude, waiting time, communication, quality of care and information. Most people were extremely likely to recommend the vaccination to their friends and family.
The most common issues raised were:
- people having to wait even when they had booked a specific appointment time
- not being able to find the centre due to lack of correct signage
- people being unable to find more information about the vaccine and its side effects
- some concerns about infection control measures at the centre
- difficulties getting to some sites on public transport
Although most people were satisfied with the programme meeting their accessibility needs, a few improvement suggestions were also made.
The report contains recommendations for providers to address various health inequalities.