Summary of report content
Healthwatch Portsmouth received feedback from the local community who have wanted to have their experiences heard since the Covid-19 pandemic hit the UK back in March 2020. Based on the number of feedback received, the key themes that were identified in the order of priority are:
- Issue with access to NHS dentistry
- People finding it difficult to get the care and support they needed from their GPs. It was also very difficult to get through to the practice over the phone.
- Delays in receiving diagnosis and treatment at the hospitals, mainly due to cancellations. There was limited support following rapid discharge.
- There was lack of information from care home regarding visiting relatives. People found it difficult to move care homes during the pandemic and some couldn’t afford to continue staying in a home after reaching their financial limits.
- People found it difficult to get timely support from Mental Health services and some even raised complaints of the Crisis Team. The pandemic was a reason for increase in people’s anxiety.
- There were requests for the Advocacy Service to help make complaints to the NHS.
- Several miscellaneous interaction themes are also highlighted in the report.