COVID-19: Health and social care experiences in Newcastle and Gateshead - JuneDownload (PDF 424KB)
Summary of report content
Healthwatch Gateshead and Healthwatch Newcastle reported on the interim results of a survey up to June 2020. The survey was launched online and phone calls were offered to people without internet access to ensure they could also complete the survey via phone. Healthwatch Gateshead and Healthwatch Newcastle found the following emerging/interim themes:
- Services had proven very capable of quickly and effectively changing and adapting to the pandemic and the needs of the population.
- People were satisfied with any changes they had experienced at their GP or pharmacy with regard to accessing their medication.
- People were experiencing difficulties maintaining their physical and/or mental health.
- People had concerns about access to dentists and opticians.
- Many respondents had experienced cancellation of an appointment(s), but did not seem to be dissatisfied with this.