Summary of report content
Healthwatch Tameside wanted to find out how the COVID-19 pandemic was affecting people. They designed a survey that ran from May 2020 to January 2021.
In total, 1,007 people took the time to share their views about the impact of COVID-19 on their experiences of health and social care, including experiences of vaccinations and test and trace.
- Changes to health and social care services during the pandemic were not accurately communicated to people, resulting in confusion.
- The pandemic has negatively impacted many people’s mental health.
- Accessing regular care for long-term conditions has been a difficulty for many.
- NHS Dental care is not available to many.
- There were mixed views about the use of technology in health and social care