Summary of report content
On 15 May 2019 Healthwatch Sefton organised an event to build Patient Participation Group (PPG) networks across Sefton. Attendees included representatives from GP practices, PPG members, Healthwatch Sefton Community Champions and staff from the CCGs.
The key aims were highlighted as follows:
- To understand more about what the PPG network looks like across Sefton
- To hear about those PPG groups that are working well and to share good practice
- To find out what the issues and barriers are to develop a successful group
- To explore how we collectively strengthen PPGs particularly when considering the development of Primary Care Networks (PCNs)
- To identify what support practices and PCNs need to develop their PPGs and how could this be resourced
- To develop a plan of action of take this work forward
They found out about the experiences of being PPG member, what was working well, what were the challenges, what support did practices need to develop PPGs, and what was the most important support and resource requirements. The session also explored the potential of developing PPG networks, particularly on a locality basis to support the development of PCNs.
The report outlines the action plans and next steps and how best to develop PPG networks in Sefton.