Summary of report content
Healthwatch Tameside have reported on their achievements in their 2020-21 annual report. Over the course of the year they heard from 999 people about their experiences of health and social care, as well as engaging with 73 community groups.
Healthwatch Tameside published 9 reports, based on 912 complete surveys, with some of the key impacts as follows.
- Providing feedback to CQC on services when face-to-face inspections were not possible.
- Community engagement and gathering feedback from local people has enabled local NHS partners to continue to monitor service quality, whilst focusing resources on frontline COVID-related activities.
- Work on vitamin B12 injections led to an invitation to represent patients’ interests on the Integrated Medicines Optimisation Group. As a result, a need for better information about how people could get the vitamin B12 they need was identified and addressed.
- Feedback about mental health and wellbeing helped local mental health commissioner to bid for additional funds to support people.
- Concerns about digital exclusion resulted in providing insight to NHS digital strategy development in Tameside and at a Greater Manchester level.