Summary of report content
Healthwatch Lambeth report on their achievements in 2020/21.
During this year, they:
- published 9 reports about the improvements people would like to see to health and social care services. From this, they made 24 recommendations for improvement. Over a third of recommendations they made last year have been acted upon, including:
- Better health and care provision for people with mental health conditions.
- Improved communication between children social care and Mary Sheridan Centre.
- Comprehensive induction program and training for social workers working with Looked After Children.
- Care home recommissioning incorporates service users engagement in the tendering process.
- Plan to incorporate workshop recommendations for inpatient mental health support service at Kings College Hospital.
- Produced 6 case studies and videos For the Care Quality Commission to encourage people to have a voice and raise their concerns.
- Spoke to 238 people in research projects about perinatal mental health, looked after children, COVID-19, Home care, and SEND & Inclusion Strategy,
- Gave information and advice to 216 people
- Ran virtual webinars for. 163 people
Would you like to look at:
Annual report 2020-21
Date of publication
Friday, 2 July, 2021
Date evidence capture began
Wednesday, 1 April, 2020
Date evidence capture finished
Wednesday, 31 March, 2021
Communication between staff and patients
Lifestyle and wellbeing
Quality of care
Was the work undertaken at the request of another organisation?
Primary research method used
If an Enter and View methodology was applied, was the visit announced or unannounced?
Mental health services
Community mental health team (CMHT)
Number of people who shared their views
Does the information include public's views?
Does the information include carer's, friend's or relative's views?
Does the information include staff's views?
What was the main sentiment of the people who shared their views?
Were recommendations made by local Healthwatch in the report?
Does the information contain a response from a provider?
Is there evidence of impact in the report?
Is there evidence of impact external to the report?
What type of impact was determined?