Access to health and social care services in Sheffield - Key issues from May 2021Download (PDF 678KB)
Summary of report content
Healthwatch Sheffield report on the feedback that they’ve received from 56 people during May 2021. It also reports back on the action they have taken on the feedback
Key themes in the data were:
- GPs - They heard mixed experiences of GPs, including positive stories and negative ones. Communication was a key factor in the negative experiences.
- Covid-19 vaccine rollout - People reported largely positive experiences, but they were also hearing people who were concerned about receiving their second dose on time.
- Access to NHS dentistry – there was a reduction in feedback during May.
- Treatment in hospital – most people had had a positive experience of hospital care. Two people were experiencing a lack of communication which delayed their treatment
- Communication with mental health services -people have reported limited contact during the pandemic and a lack of timely response when people are in crisis.
Other issues covered included long Covid and community nursing.