Bringing your views to the heart of national decisions
Our second priority will be to bring the experiences people share with the Healthwatch network to those making national decisions about the NHS and social care.
What are our objectives?
- To improve the way we gather and understand the experiences the public share with local Healthwatch.
- To develop a clear system for ensuring that those with the power to change services hear people’s views.
What do we plan to do?
- Develop the way we capture and analyse people’s views of health and social care.
- Make the evidence we gather accessible to the public and professionals.
- Build relationships with key health and social care decision makers.
- Deliver a communications and influencing strategy to make sure that the public’s voice is heard.
- Track and raise awareness of the impact people’s views have had on care.
What will be the impact?
- We will be able to identify the public’s health and care concerns.
- Those who make decisions about NHS and social care will be able to access the information they need.
- National health and social care policies will take into account the views of the public.
- There will be greater awareness of the impact that sharing experiences of care can have.