- About us
- Our principles
- What we have to say
- Find your Healthwatch
- Get Involved
Share your views on our future aims
We asked people where we should focus our efforts to have the biggest impact.
The ideas people shared largely focussed on the following areas:
- Working to improve existing care, particularly the access people have to support, and the avoidable differences in people’s experience of health and social care across the population.
- Mental health and care for older people were also common issues where people wanted to see improvements.
- Making it easier for more people to have an equal say in decisions that affect them by tackling barriers, such as public awareness and professional attitudes.
- Ensuring that communities are involved in shaping future health and social care services.
- Supporting a stronger, more consistent Healthwatch network - from the service the public receives, to the way the network works together to achieve change.
- Maintaining the independence of the network and working in partnership with others to improve health and social care services.
What this means for our work
People’s feedback has helped inform the development of three aims for our future. We would like to hear your views on these aims.